If it’s time for spring cleaning or your Indianapolis apartment just looks grubby, a thorough cleaning can get it neat and tidy again. It can be easy to get frustrated when taking on more than you should at once. In order to make straightening up your place more manageable, we’ve created an apartment cleaning checklist for Indianapolis tenants.
Your Indianapolis Apartment Cleaning Checklist For Every Room
Complete these chores in each area of your apartment before tackling individual rooms to save time. Use this apartment cleaning checklist for Indianapolis to keep yourself organized.
- Eliminate clutter.
- Use an extendable duster for ceiling corners.
- Clean the tops of doors and their frames.
- Wipe off all interior walls and baseboards.
- Wash windows with glass cleaner and a cloth.
- Wash or dust window products like blinds, shades, and curtains.
- Disinfect doorknobs.
- Vacuum or mop floors and remove stains.
- Before you put away your duster, get the slats and the light fixture of your apartment’s ceiling fans.
- Take out the trash.
Your Cleaning Checklist for Living Rooms
Whether you prefer entertaining guests or unwinding on your own, make your living room neat and welcoming with a regular cleaning.
- Revive furniture by vacuuming and spot cleaning. Use a hair removal tool if you have pets.
- Dust flat surfaces and everything on them.
- Dust electronics with a microfiber cloth.
- Revive wood pieces by polishing.
- Sanitize remote controls.
- Be sure that remotes, coasters, and other needed accessories are located close by.
Cleaning Checklist for the Dining Room
The multitude of unsightly spots in the dining room are a result of food. If you have forgotten food scraps clinging to a surface or floor, put a slightly moistened rag on top of it for one or two minutes to loosen it up.
- Sweep crumbs from your surfaces and pay attention to stickier areas.
- Wipe off the backs and legs of chairs.
- Rejuvenate wood tables by polishing or employ a glass-cleaning product on your glass furniture.
- Go with a soft duster to remove dust from open shelving with glassware or other breakables.
Cleaning Checklist for Apartment Kitchens
Kitchens usually are sticky and smelly from your nightly dinner routine. You might choose off-the-shelf options to deal with the grease, but a few everyday materials are great choices as well.
- Wipe down cabinets with soapy water on a cloth and follow with a a clean, slightly dampened cloth].
- Wipe off kitchen counters with an appropriate product for the counter material or you can treat with white vinegar.
- Wash out your kitchen sink with a solution consisting of baking soda and water. Some baking soda in the disposal will help in eliminating foul odors. Rinse it with water after it’s had time to work for 5-10 minutes.
- Turn on the dishwasher with a container of vinegar on the upper rack. Wipe out inside and out with a clean rag.
- Boil a cup of water in the microwave to let the steam work on any stuck-on gunk. Remove any mess with a damp sponge or cloth.
- Carefully remove and clean stove burner parts in a sink. Spray the oven door and stove with an appropriate product or an equal mixture of household vinegar and water and use a little elbow grease.
- Follow your oven’s self-cleaning instructions or you can make use of a water and baking soda paste to clean it out.
- Employ a mild soap or simply spray a water and vinegar mix to take care of the the fridge shelves and interior; wipe off any residue with a damp cloth. Then move it and sweep the floor underneath.
Cleaning Checklists For Bathrooms
If you dread bathroom cleaning, do easy cleaning tasks daily so your bathroom doesn’t get too filthy.
- Clean mirrors with a spray-on cleaner and a clean rag.
- Clean all surfaces with the right product for your material or a solution of water and vinegar on a sponge or cloth.
- Wash off cabinetry with mild soap and then use a a soft rag.
- Scrub the toilet bowl.
- Wipe off the toilet with a disinfecting product or vinegar mix.
- Wash off the shower and bathtub with your preferred cleaner or vinegar-water mix.
Bedroom Cleaning Checklist for Indianapolis
You’ll get better sleep in a clean bedroom!
- Straighten up or readjust your closet.
- Dust flat surfaces, lamps, and knick-knacks.
- Routinely wash the bedding.
- Collect clothing items from the floor and place them in the wash or a hamper.
- Utilize a broom to dust under the bed.
Choose Your Next Apartment At The Waverley Apartments
A tidy and neat place to live adds to your comfort, but in some instances you might want a new apartment altogether. Check out the spacious, luxury apartments at The Waverley. Reach out to our leasing specialists at 317-800-7017 or schedule a tour to view your options.