What Are Some Different Types Of Apartment Buildings In Indianapolis?
If you’re looking for a place to live, you’ll likely find different types of apartment buildings in Indianapolis. Most can be placed into the following classifications: high-rise, mid-rise, and low-rise. But which kind of property is best? Understanding the pros and cons of each option will help you determine what type of apartment you wish to call home.
The Advantages And Disadvantages Of High-rise Apartment Buildings
High-rise apartment buildings usually consist of ten or more stories. You’ll find them in downtown areas where their height allows them to accommodate a fair number of people within a small horizontal area. People who enjoy occupying high-rise apartments pick them due to the following:
- High-rise structures give you amazing views of Indianapolis.
- You find them downtown within walking distance shops, various eateries, and entertainment. Many high-rises also have eating options or shops on the ground level.
- They can lessen your commute time if you have employment or attend school within the city.
- High-rise buildings use elevators, so you won’t be required to climb a staircase.
- In a high-rise, all of your fellow Residents make their home in the same structure. This may provide a greater sense of community as you chat in the lobby or on the elevator. You could also enjoy the luxury of an attendant or concierge.
Although it has distinct perks, residing in a high-rise isn’t for every person. Coming home to a downtown high-rise is entertaining and thrilling for many, but there’s a good chance you won’t like it if you need peace and quiet. Departing for the day might also require a bit more time when living in a multiple-story structure, and a downtown area may have a limited amount of nearby parking spots. As a final note, high-rise units are often quite small to be able to accommodate more residences into a set amount of space.
The Benefits And Drawbacks Of Low-rise Apartment Buildings
So why should you think about a low-rise option in lieu of other types of apartment buildings in Indianapolis?
- Low-rises have more apartments on the first floor, giving occupants effortless access out of the building.
- Low-rise buildings typically have more [parking places for Residents and others.
- They have more outside space to explore if you have a dog or a fondness for grass and trees past your window rather than a hectic downtown intersection.
- You’ll come home to the relative tranquility of the suburbs.
- You share walls, halls, and entryways with fewer tenants and benefit from additional solitude.
Nevertheless, not everyone is looking for these perks. If you have a preference for the exhilaration and entertainment of city living, a quiet suburban low-rise property won’t be a good fit. Depending on where you go to school or work, you might encounter an excessive drive from your low-rise apartment too.
The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Mid-rise Apartment Buildings
- When you have a mid-rise unit in suburbia, you’ll appreciate a quiet community and natural environs blended with the fellowship of habitating in a larger building.
- In a mid-rise apartment in the urban area of Indianapolis, you won’t find as many neighbors as a high-rise but you can still take part in bustling city life.
Having Trouble Deciding Which Apartment Building You Like? Visit Lovely The Waverley Apartments
At The Waverley, we blend a beautiful property with a preferred location to provide a wonderful place to come home to. Dial 317-800-7017 or request a tour to see our spacious apartments and luxury amenities for yourself.