How To Create A Home Office In A Small Apartment In Indianapolis
Remote work is the new normal for numerous people, no matter if you live in a multi-bedroom house or a single-bedroom apartment. If you find yourself in the latter, you won’t have the benefit of an additional bedroom to claim as your home office, but you are still able to create a suitable work area. Check out these easy tips and learn how to make a home office in a small apartment in Indianapolis.
Small Apartment Home Office Ideas In Indianapolis
- Select a suitable desk. Choosing an appropriately sized desk to fit your area is essential. If you’re using a laptop, the desk only has to extend from the wall about 20 inches. Your work surface should be around 28 inches from the floor and can be as wide as you can fit. Make sure you have area for a second monitor. You'll be thankful you have one when you have a spreadsheet up, a web conference going, and a bunch of other windows open. Really limited on space? Choose a two-tier folding desk you can stow away when not in use.
- Where should your desk go? If you can tuck your desk neatly into a corner, terrific! But you may need to get more inventive when arranging. A slim desk may be moved directly behind a couch. You could integrate a small area rug and desk lamp to designate the spot as your office. An empty wall in your room will also do nicely. Place some artwork or intermix a plant or two so you aren’t staring at an unadorned wall throughout the day.
- Let your desk serve a dual role. If you’re limited on space, utilize your desk for more than one function. Put it adjacent to your bed and use it as a nightstand. Or do without a desk and work from your dining room table or kitchen bar.
- Install floating shelves. These home office space savers work perfectly when your desk faces a wall. You’ll have extra room for decor or supplies and can easily blend shelving into your room’s specific layout.
Would You Like A Change Of Pace? Try Your Apartment’s Clubhouse Or A Standing Desk
Would you like another option in your own apartment? Try a small standing desk to alter your perspective and improve focus. A reasonably priced foldable laptop stand can help get your workstation at the appropriate height.
Here are a few extra space-conserving items you can integrate into your small apartment home office in Indianapolis:
- Folders that attach to the wall
- Small printer stand that works nicely below your desk
- Small storage units you can stick to the your monitor
- Noise-reducing headphones for loud roommates and kids
Fashion Your Home Office In Your New Apartment At The Waverley Apartments
Your home office will look great in your new apartment at The Waverley Apartments. We have a range of available floor plans to suit your needs for living and working. Arrange a tour of our Indianapolis community or reach out to us at 317-800-7017 if you want additional information.