You’re ecstatic your new apartment has its own laundry area. No more having to wait on other residents to be finished with the community’s machines or lugging sacks of clothing down to the coin laundry. But you’ve noticed one small issue. Your compact laundry room has very little storage for other supplies. Wondering how to make the most of your restricted space? Check out these easy small apartment laundry solutions in Indianapolis.
Suggestions For Making the Most Of Your Small Apartment Laundry Closet in Indianapolis
When making your list of must-have amenities, a laundry area was right at the top. But now that you have one, you’re apprehensive about where to keep all your supplies. Despite the fact the area may be limited, you are able to make it work with the following recommendations:
- Vertical shelving: In cramped spaces, sometimes you need to think vertically. A sturdy vertical shelving unit is usually a smart choice for a laundry closet or limited laundry room. Despite being only six or so inches wide, you’ll get a good deal of space for your sprays and detergents. You may even get a little spare shelving space for general cleaning supplies.
- Rolling storage carts: You know that little bit of room you have next to your dryer or washing machine (or maybe between the two)? You can find portable laundry storage carts planned particularly for those spaces. Made about five to six inches wide, these helpful small apartment laundry closet solutions in Indianapolis are able to slide in just about any place. And they’re great for holding your detergent, dryer sheets, stain remover, and other supplies.
- Door-mounted ironing board with iron holder: Have you forgotten about the ironing board that’s sitting next to the wall of your bedroom? There’s a more optimal location for it. A door-mounted holder is the right, space-saving solution. It’s inexpensive, a breeze to hang, and most are available with a basket for your iron and spray. Fetching your ironing board and preparing for a fun outing in your new community has never been easier.
- Curtains: Does your little laundry spot not include a door? Some budget-friendly curtains will do the trick to close off the space when you’re not using it. Because of a virtually countless number of styles and colors, you’ll be able to discover curtains that complement your decor. Employ a tension shower curtain rod to hold them up. And if you’re doing laundry and want a spot to air dry clothing, guess what you can use?
- Baskets: Wire shelving is a customary feature in laundry nooks. While handy, it also has a propensity to make things fall over when they’re not situated perfectly. Rather than having a cluttered mess of overturned containers of bleach and detergent, try baskets. They’ll aid you in keeping things tidy, and they are attractive too!
Get An Apartment With A Laundry Room In Indianapolis
Now that you know how to maximize the space within your laundry room, it’s time to locate an apartment that includes one! The Waverley Apartments offers generous apartments with the built-in laundry hookups you want. You’ll also enjoy a selection of other amazing amenities in this sought-after community. Call 317-800-7017 to speak with a friendly team member or simply schedule a tour to get started.